The Question

My deceased husbands home is now in foreclosure and he has a balance on his account . What do I do pertaining to the suits that are going on . What am I initiated to.?

Hi Sharon-

Sorry to hear about your husband the issues you are facing. That is a lot to deal with.

You are best off to find a competent Estate attorney in your area- to help you with these questions.

I tend to advise people to look for any life insurance policies that may be around. Check with his former employer(s) to see if any were in-force. Also, look at the bank statements or cancelled checks to see if there were any life insurance companies. My Guess is, right about now, someone showing up with a check would help the situation.

Paul Answered question September 26, 2023

No question, answer, or discussion of any kind facilitated on this site is confidential or constitutes financial or legal advice. Questions answered are selected based on general consumer interest, and not all are addressed. Questions and answers may be displayed online and archived by Wealthtender. To make Wealthtender free for readers, we earn money from advertisers, including financial professionals and firms that pay to be featured. This creates a conflict of interest when we favor their promotion over others. Wealthtender is not a client of these financial services providers. Learn more.