No question, answer, or discussion of any kind facilitated on this site is confidential or constitutes financial or legal advice. Questions answered are selected based on general consumer interest, and not all are addressed. Questions and answers may be displayed online and archived by Wealthtender. To make Wealthtender free for readers, we earn money from advertisers, including financial professionals and firms that pay to be featured. This creates a conflict of interest when we favor their promotion over others. Wealthtender is not a client of these financial services providers. Learn more.
Buying a house in another state may be advantageous- but would ask:
1) is this 2nd home your future retirement residence?
2) Do you frequently visit this state?
3) Are you going to have it managed locally?
4) What is the purpose or goal of the investment?
5) Consider extra tax filing paperwork for the 2nd State.
Sorry, no definitive answers for you.
Paul Doak, CFP